This event took place during senior year of college. There has not been an experiment #2 with Rocket Car, but the thoughts are always there.
In an attempt to go where no man has gone before, I, Brandon Meves the 1st, along with fellow supervisors Lieutenant Shepard and Bathroom Monitor Kober became the first to put a Volkswagen Beetle into warp speed. What you see in the picture is a Beetle with:
- 8 quarters duct-taped to the hood to change the center of gravity and create a nice weight on the front to prevent flippage
- 2 rocket booster engines - 1 on each side for maximum rocket thrust
- A SunKist® tail fin for stability for straight rocket speed down the street.
The rocket car reached new records in science as we know it:
- An amazing run of 24.9 feet!
- A top speed of 20 mph!
- A double-payload surprise: 2 rockets = 2 big bangs at end of solid rocket-fuel burnout!